Everything You Need To Know About SEO
A website’s ranking on search engines dictates its visibility on the internet. SEO helps improve this ranking.
What is SEO?
SEO(Search Engine Optimization) is a technique that helps make web pages more visible in search engine results. This operates by ranking the web page so that they appear on top of the list frequently. This means that there will be more traffic to the site. As such, SEO can be used as an online marketing strategy.
The People. SEO can also be understood to be an industry. When taken into this context, it is a group of consultants, companies or individuals, that take on the responsibility of doing the aforementioned process in behalf of the web page owner, i.e., their client. These consultants use all internet marketing strategies such as management systems, HTML, web analysis, videos, and all other elements that can increase exposure of the client’s website.
The Industry of SEO
Most will agree that hiring a company or person that will take care of SEO can save a lot of time and every. However careful consideration must be made into the advantages and disadvantages of this course of action. Not all web pages will need SEO and sometimes, especially when not done properly, the use of SEO can make or break the web page’s reputation.
Considering all these, deciding whether to engage a SEO expert or go with the DIY SEO approach, will often come down to the following questions.
Factors to Consider
1) There is no number 1 ranking guarantee. No matter how good your SEO is, there is no guarantee that your web page will receive the topmost spot in search results. You should note that Google and other search engines don’t recognize any priority submissions. Also, they don’t have any special relationship with SEO companies. Submitting a site to Google is made only through the “Submit Your Content” option or through a sitemap.
2) There should be full disclosure of content. Do remember that Google can remove your site from its index should it contain the so-called “throwaway domains”.
3) A good and reliable SEO company will clearly and specifically explain each process. As a web owner, you have the right to know how they can help you.
4) There is no such thing as a “free for all” or popularity links. These schemes do not, in any way, affect search engine results.
5) The money-making process. “Better ranking” payments are nonexistent. Search engines, however, make use of “Pay Per Click” or “Pay For Inclusion” options. There are also advertising sections that are well-labeled in order to distinguish it from the search results.
6) There is no clear-cut definition of this but can be illustrated with the use of shadow domains, selling of keywords located in the address bar, makes ranking a guarantee, uses fake search engines, scumware and even spyware, companies who have previously been deleted from Google’s index.
Whether to hire a SEO expert or do it yourself will depend on individual preferences and o course budget. While many excellent ” How to SEO ” guides are available which can serve as a good starting point, it is necessary to consider all factors when deciding whether to DIY SEO or if you should bring in the professionals. If you are dealing with a highly competitive industry, then doing your own SEO may not be the best idea, but for less competitive areas it’s always a rewarding experience to watch your own SEO efforts rewarded in the search results.